Thank you to our
generous community for making a difference!
Every contribution counts and goes right where it belongs at RMDC! Your giving makes a concrete difference in the lives of families and individuals in our community – in YOUR community. An investment in RMDC helps provide the assistance our community needs right here in south-central Montana.
MISSION OF RMDC
Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc., strives to improve quality of life and promotes self-sufficiency for individuals and families.
Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc. — a Community Action Agency (CAA) that primarily serves Lewis and Clark, Broadwater, and Jefferson Counties—was established in 1965, a year after federal authorizing legislation.
Over time, RMDC has sheltered programs including Helena Food Share and the Helena Indian Alliance until they got their feet on the ground. Head Start has been a component throughout RMDC’s life. Currently, RMDC encompasses senior services, affordable housing, energy assistance, child care, Head Start and provides senior volunteer opportunities.
UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS OF COMMUNITY
1. Board Structure: a required tripartite board consisting of equal parts local private sector, public sector, and low-income community representatives and leaders.
2. Volunteer Support: CAA agencies attract and enjoy assistance from many different volunteers.
3. Leverage for Other Resources: Every CSBG dollar spent leverages nearly four dollars of state, local, and private contributions.
4. Innovative Solutions: CSBG funds give CAA agencies the flexibility to design programs that address specific community needs.
5. Low Administrative Costs: CAA organizations are committed to keeping administrative costs low, putting maximum dollars toward community and client needs.
6. Comprehensive and Responsive: CAA agencies are designed to work quickly and flexibly as needs arise and funding is available.
7. Community and Family Programs for All Ages: Every CAA agency includes a different range of services, but most address children and youth, older adults, the working poor, and families facing crisis
LOW INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE (LIEAP)
OUTREACH & EDUCATION
HOME BUYER EDUCATION & COUNSELING
SPIRIT OF SERVICE
RETIRED SENIOR & VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS
HEAD START PROGRAM
ROCKY MOUNTAIN PRESCHOOL CENTER
HISTORY OF RMDC
RMDC has been serving Jefferson, Lewis & Clark, and Broadwater Counties since 1963.
Our dedicated & talented staff impact lives in our community
every day. Meet them here!
MISSION OF RMDC
RMDC strives to improve quality of life and promotes
self-sufficiency for all humans.
CAREERS AT RMDC
Give back to the community and become a member of our team by working for RMDC.
We enjoy sharing the successes of our clients who have obtained their goals or make dreams a reality.
Our clients often give personal insight into how RMDC positively effected their lives.
A public report of RMDC's financial and programmatic successes each year.
Having trouble figuring out which program you need to contact for service? Click here for help.
FAQS ABOUT RMDC
This is your one-stop-shop to learn about RMDC frequently asked questions.
If an RMDC program doesn't match your need, here is a list of organizations that could!
Join our mailing list to receive exclusive updates of all the happenings going on at RMDC.
Here you will find our extensive list of RMDC Community Partners from the Tri-County area.
Stay in "the know" by following our month-to-month event calendar across all of RMDC.
200 SOUTH CRUSE AVENUE HELENA, MONTANA 59601
JACKSON STREET CENTER
648 Jackson Street
Helena, Montana 59601
cOPYRIGHT 2017 | RMDC, INC. | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | 501(C)3 TAX-EXEMPT ORGANIZATION